2016 Legislative Agenda
The WV Route 2 and I-68 Authority supports the following legislative priorities for the 82nd West Virginia Legislature:
- Ensure long-term funding and solutions toward the expansion of Route 2 to become a four-lane highway from Chester to Parkersburg.
- Place the expansion of I-68 as an interstate or other four-lane, restricted highway from I-79 to the Ohio River, on the West Virginia Department of Transportation’s future plans for highway construction.
- Implementation of funding options by the Governor’s Blue Ribbon Commission on Highways for maintenance, construction and expansion of the state’s roadway system.
- Innovative ways to increase transportation funding to meet the $750 million to $1 billion a year funding gap for transportation maintenance and construction.
- Enable County Commissions to establish special funds within their counties for road repair and minor road construction.
- Prevent the diversion of funds from the already lacking Road Fund.